f

5 Things

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Things That Go Bump In The Night

5 Things About Trying To Sleep Last Night

1. I've been traumatised recently by the number of things intruding into my flat. There was the burlgar, obviously, although that was a few months ago now. There are the mice (one of whom payed a visit on Sunday night), the spiders, and a strange large bug I found dying on my living room floor yesterday morning which looked suspiciously like a cockroach. There are also the noises: cars, music, shouting and animal sounds and the lights. Last night it all got a bit much and I was curled up in the middle of my bed convinced they were all coming to get me at once.

2. On Sunday morning I was woken at 7am by my nail clippers leaping off my chest of drawers onto the floor. I have no idea why. Is my flat to be haunted now on top of everything else? Last night I kept turning the light on to peer at them and see if they had moved. Perhaps I'll just keep them on the floor (like everything else) from now on.

3. When it is 2am and you are by yourself it becomes much easier to get worked into a bit of a stressed-out state and be unable to calm down.

4. I was also very thirsty and kept having to get up for water.

5. The few times I did sleep, I dreamt about things like going on holiday by myself to the Isle of Wight. All in all, it wasn't a very restful night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home