f

5 Things

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The Life of Food

5 Things I Like To Eat

1. Ice cream with big chunks of yummy things in it, like cookie dough, chocolate chips, ginger or marshmallow. Preferably when it’s a bit melty and dribbly.

2. Cheese - on pizza, toast, chips and potatoes; in salad, dips, fondue, cheesecake; with pickled onions, tomatoes, mustard, artichoke, crackers, crisps and apples, or just by itself in lovely big chunks.

3. Tomatoes. I put them in virtually everything I cook, particularly my special pasta sauces made from fresh cherry tomatoes, which no one else seems to love quite as much as I do, but then I eat them the most so who cares?

4. Potatoes - in every possible size, shape and variation. I simply adore them.

5. Fruit. I don’t love fruit indiscriminately; I am selective. Some, like kiwis and bananas, I would happily not encounter for the rest of my life, but others, such as strawberries, cherries, mangos, apples, melon and pineapple I would quiet happily scoff until the cows come home. And after they’d gone as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home