f

5 Things

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Crime & Punishment

5 Things About Court

1. I went, today. I got mugged in February by two teenage boys, one of whom was recognised by a witness and is now being prosecuted. Little gits. I turned up at 8.45 for a 9.30 start (so like me), and had to wait for half an hour before anyone was there.

2. It was very odd, sitting by myself in the little waiting room reading old editions of Now Magazine (when Darren Day and Suzanne Shaw were still telling the world about their love!).

3. I actually think the services for victims (feels so odd calling myself that) are really good. There are people all along the way you can talk to if you're feeling bad or if you not sure what to do. The Witness Service volunteer was really sweet, despite clearly being stressed, and stayed talking to me for ages.

4. I waited for three hours and the other witness didn't turn up, so it was friggin' postponed, until god knows when! Gggrrr.

5. It was surprisingly nerve-wracking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home