f

5 Things

Monday, March 28, 2005

Virtue & Sin

5 Things About My Easter Weekend

1. It started badly. Having promised myself I would be productive and do sensible things on Friday, all I wanted to do was go out in the sunshine and spend my pay. I ended up neither productive or enjoying myself and spent the whole day on the sofa watching Buffy and half-heartedly sanding bits of wood for the shelves I've been meaning to put up for months.

2. It got better. Saturday saw me full of energy and trying to make up for lost time. By the time I headed off to catch the train up to Cambridgeshire to see Alex's parents, I had bought Easter eggs for everyone, flowers for Alex's mum, sawn all the wood to size, drilled holes, painted wood and was general feeling very pleased with myself.

3. I spent Easter Sunday in the country doing the girlfriend thing. Church in the morning, which was wierd, as I haven't been for years, and I think I was the only person in the whole church who didn't go up for Communion. Felt a bit silly, but I got to see Alex in a dress (he was singing).

4. I broke my lent caffeine abstinence on Easter Day with four cups of tea, three cups of coffee and a huge amount of chocolate, including fab 7 Seven Deadly Sins chocs from Alex, each of which came in its own little box. I still have a Lust and a Gluttony to go (the best two, I thought).

5. Coming back to London today, determined to make good on my bank holiday promise, I first lunched with Emma, which was very chilled out and lovely, and then came back to the flat and PUT UP MY SHELVES. Well, half of them anyway. Am exhausted, achy, blistered and covered in bits of paint and bruises, but feeling all smug as I have three lovely shelves looking at me from across the room. Can I go to bed now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home