f

5 Things

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Hoots Mon!

5 Things About Last Night's Doves Gig

1. I really like Doves. In fact they are one of my favourite bands, so I was very excited to be seeing them at the Brixton Academy last night, with my lovely boyfriend Alex. They played a solid set of stuff from all three albums, but it just lacked something. There was no real connection or excitement. Pleasant enough, and they played well, but not very gripping.

2. We were sitting in the circle and in front of us there were three rows of seats reserved for 'EMI'. Now, I have nothing against perks, as anyone who knows me will understand, BUT, half of these seats stayed empty, those people who did turn up arrived half way through the second song of the set, and then they all kept getting UP and DOWN the whole way through the show and were just generally very annoying. I mean, REALLY!

3. Doves were supported by The Magic Numbers, who Alex thought were fab. They were all very hairy (including the women) and had a love of xylophones, and were actually really good in a sort of folky, country rock sort of a way.

4. The lights were purrrty.

5. When we got back to my flat we disturbed a wee mouse scampering across my worktop. Cute they may be, but they must go. Am going out to buy sonic deterrent thingy today in the hope that I can get rid of them without resorting to slaughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home