f

5 Things

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Spoiled

5 Things I Did Last Night

1. Saw Alex singing in his debut recital as a counter tenor, at the Swiss Church on Endell Street. It was actually really rather good, even though the interval went on far too long. Most people in the audience knew each other and spent a good 25 minutes having a good old gossip. It confused the people who didn't know anyone, who were wondering why this little choral performance had the longest interval in the world.

2. Met John Suchet off the telly. He came to the concert too! I didn't realise who he was, but felt sure I knew him from somewhere. I'm glad I stopped myself from going up to him and saying, "You know, I'm sure we've met somewhere before", as that would have been v embarrassing. I didn't realise that he was David Suchet's brother.

3. Ate crisps in the Cross Keys with lots of Alex's friends and his parents.

4. Saw Izzy & Jon again, as well as my friend Andrew "culture vulture" Greenwood and Farouk, who came from work.

5. Drank champagne after we got back to my flat to toast all the clever things that Alex has been doing lately, like concerts and getting a new job. It was a very good way to round off the evening.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Suchet family are mucho 'into' classical music - John has authored a bio of Mozart, perhaps Alex will be the subejct of his next ouvre?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home