f

5 Things

Monday, May 30, 2005

To & Fro

5 Journeys I Have Made This Weekend

1. This lovely warm bank holiday weekend before half term, I went to visit my parents in Somerset. Funnily enough, I don't think I was the only person travelling out of London on Friday. Which is probably why they cancelled my train. After standing bewildered in a packed Paddington station for half an hour, I decided the only thing for it was to sneak into First Class. Hallelujah. I successfully became a class traitor and travelled the whole way without paying any extra. Woohoo!

2. After a lovely evening in Bath on Saturday with Lizzie & Aron and various cousins, watching George's new play (which was fab), I drove back to the folks at about 1am through the lanes which I know so well, listening to Tom Waits. The roads were full of animals! I saw foxes, rabbits and a Badger cantering through the streets of Holcombe.

3. Yesterday we travelled to the Carpenter's Arms pub Stanton Wick for lunch, in my Dad's 1965 Humber. It's a gorgeous car, black with cream interior. We listened to 60s love songs on the way and sang along as we drove through the villages in the sunshine. Lovely.

4. Today we walked to Kilmersdon (the home of Jack & Jill), to visit their 'village day'. It was a 6 mile walk in the cool sun, and would have been nicer if we didn't take a wrong turning and end up on the Main Road. Still, it was one of two long walks this weekend that were not only v healthy, but also a good chance to catch up with my ma.

5. Just got home, after a lovely weekend, and a nice cab driver back from Victoria. My flat is safe and sound, and I'm off to bed! My very last journey of the weekend....

1 Comments:

  • At 11:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on FINALLY updating your blog

     

Post a Comment

<< Home