f

5 Things

Monday, May 16, 2005

Let's Recap

5 Things That Have Been Happening Lately

I have started to write blog entries several times over the last week, but things keep getting in the way! These are some of them:

1. I went to court on Thursday to testify against my mugger. It all went pretty smoothly, but I was fairly sure he'd get off, as I couldn't identify him and the other witness didn't actually see it happen. But, as I found out today - he was found guilty! Do you think I could get him to do community service doing my gardening for six months? I am glad it's over.

2. Friday night was my girly movie night. 8 girls drinking wine, eating pizza and lying wrapped up in duvets on my living room floor. It didn't go quite the way I remebered it from those sleepovers when I was 12 however! We didn't make it past three films, and I don't think anyone made it quite to the end of film three. They were The Incredibles, Dodgeball (why did we watch that?) and I Heart Huckabees.

3. Got up at around 5pm on Saturday, to go out dancing at Eve Club in the West End for my friend's birthday. Danced, drank and laughed at the 15 year olds pretending they were dead hard. How the hell did they get in? Also, had my first pedal cab experience (in London, anyway).

4. Yesterday I spent money I don't have on King's Road, was insulted by a Kinckerbox sales assistant, and went to see John Legend at Shepherd's Bush Empire with Leigh. Fun, if not my favourite thing ever.

5. Right now the tv is on. On channel 5 is The Girl Without a Face, where a family struggle to cope with their badly deformed 2 year old daughter, putting her through painful operations to help her breathe, hear & see more easily. On ITV is Celebrity Love Island, where 12 shiny, vapid and pointless human beings who've achieved such wonderful things with their life as sleeping with people slightly more famous than themselves, get treated to a luxury holiday on a paradise island. Mental.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What did the Sales Assistant in Knickerbox actually say to you to insult you?

     
  • At 9:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe I slept through Dodgeball, with my husband Vince in!!!!

     
  • At 3:42 pm, Blogger Becky said…

    She accused me of moving a special offer sign, just so I could get a free pair of pants! I was shocked.

     
  • At 3:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WHY ARE YOU SO RUBBISH AT UPDATING YOUR BLOG????

     
  • At 5:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that's a bit harsh...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home