f

5 Things

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Why Don't You....?

5 Things About An Evening With No Telly

1. A few weeks ago, Alex lent me his TV for a video party I was having (my TV was tiny; not big enough to experience the joys of The Incredibles). He said I could hang on to it while he's still living at his parents'. Somehow it occurred to me that it would be a good idea to put my other tv in bedrooom. This means I now have three TVs in a one bedroomed flat. I can watch TV as I drift from room to room. The problem is, with the telly on, much drifing doesn't get done. I sit, and I sit. Then I feel guilty for doing nothing on my extensive life to-do list. I have begun to impose TV bans on myself for evenings at a time. Tonight is one of them.

2. I have phoned 3 friends, one of whom has been rather ill recently with severe food-poisoning, and also my cousin George, who I hadn't yet congratulated on his play a week ago. I've also chatted on MSN with Isabelle. They all seemed pleased to hear from me. Hurrah!

3. I still haven't done any gardening. Or ticked off all the other life-changing things on the list of life-changing things I plan to do at some point. But I feel calmer and less guilty.

4. I have FINALLY installed my printer! Only had it since Christmas, so not too bad really.

5. I don't plan to do this every night. I don't hate telly, or want to live without it, but I want to learn when to switch off. SO much harder with cable. Right! Am off to clean the kitchen and rearrange my room! Ha ha! Just you wait, this won't last....

4 Comments:

  • At 9:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe I participated in the evening also - call it moral support whilst you wrestled with installing the print.
    Signed: Anon.

     
  • At 6:17 am, Blogger Julia said…

    I also managed without TV last night - took an evening walk, did some ironing and racked a demijohn of goosberry wine. Felt virtuous

     
  • At 10:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What on earth is a demijohn?

     
  • At 9:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, Anon, we can communicate through Becky. A demijohn is a glass container, holding about a gallon or 5 litres which is used to ferment the fruit & yeast before bottling the wine. A good hobby, I feel...

    Find me on

    in-my-day.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home