f

5 Things

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

We'll Meet Again...

5 Things About Old Friends

1. Last night I met Andrew & Isabelle (old uni friends) for a drink at Freud's bar in town. We were getting together to catch-up with Caroline, en-route from Bogota to Paris, and incapable of being so close to London without seeing us (I think there was something about seeing her mum too, but nevermind about that).

2. Caroline has lived in Columbia for, I think, around 3 years, and I've only recently started keeping in touch with her via the wonders of MSN. It's reassuring to see that she is still exactly the same.

3. Andrew was 90 minutes late. We love him anyway.

4. After a few swift Pimms (the tourist drink in the English sort-of-summer), we did what everyone seems to want after a few years out of England - went for a curry!

5. I have known these guys for ten years and love the fact that we still find new things to talk about and are still as interested in each other's lives. I love new friends, but there's something about old friends and old friendships that just makes me smile. Tonight I am seeing some relative newbies, who I've only known for seven years!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Perhaps some of your newer friends might be hurt to read this entry

     
  • At 1:16 pm, Blogger Becky said…

    Then my newer friends are far too sensitve, as they should know I adore them too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home