f

5 Things

Friday, June 17, 2005

No Such Thing

5 Things About Reliable Builders

1. Now, I'm not one for generalisations, but I'm still waiting for someone to disprove this one. I booked today off work, so a patch of damp in my living room could be repaired at considerable expense! I got a call at 9am to let me know that their guy was ill, and wouldn't be turning up.

2. I'd also booked someone to come and fit locks to my windows. They didn't turn up either, and when I called they claimed that they had rung the bell at 9.30am and got no answer. At 9.30, I was in the kitchen eating a muffin.

3. The lock man turned up eventually, but with my whole day booked off with nothing but gardening to tempt me, I was at a bit of a loose end, and feeling rather sorry for myself. So I decided to go to the hairdressers! I have got nice new hair colour, and a cut booked for tomorrow. Woohoo!

4. On the positive side, I managed to get a quote for repairing my bay window. On the negative side it will cost over a grand. Humph.

5. As I keep asking everyone I know, if you do know a reliable builder, then please let me know!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what happened?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home