f

5 Things

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Let The Music Play On

5 Bands I'm Going To See Soon

Rather naughtily, as I'm a bit broke at the moment, I've gone on a mad ticket buying spree as there are so many great bands playing in London over the next few months. I haven't been able to bring myself to fork out for 50 quid a pop Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers tickets yet, but I am looking forward to going to see:

1. The Go! Team
The Go! Team are a bit mental. For some reason they sound to me as though they should be Japanese, but I don't think they are. Well, I will find out next week!

2. Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Yeah Yeah Yeahs are what I listen to when I'm feeling a bit rebellious and lyrics like, "I got a man who makes me wanna kill" seem like the right thing to listen to! Love seeing rock bands live, so this should be wicked.

3. Hard-Fi
I've been listening to Hard-Fi since last summer, and think they are one of the best rock-lite bands around at the moment (even if my boss calls them Chavvy). They've had loads of hype, so this should be great, and if I don't fancy it, I can always flog the tickets on Ebay.

4. Fall Out Boy
I've only heard one Fall Out Boy track, and it's cheesy teeny pop-rock, but for some reason it's my track of the month and I play it on repeat at work (usually through my headphones, otherwise Steph would throw things at me). Hope I still like them when it's time for the gig!

5. Editors
Possibly take themselves too seriously, and I've not heard great things about them live, but this is my favourite album of the moment, so I've got to take my chance to see them live.

I also want to see The Delays, Joseph Arthur, Ok Go, The Dead 60s, We Are Scientists, The Subways, Terry Callier and, of course, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Foo Fighters. I get paid on Tuesday - will I spend all my cash on nights out? Who needs food?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    heyyy, its dylan (from canada)! i've lurked around your blog ever since julia put it as a bookmark on our computer, but after reading this post i had to comment, well... because the go! team are prettymuch my favorite band of the last few months, and i loved seeing them live. i found it ironic that you're unsure of their nationality, as over here part of their appeal is that they are british. and then there is the yeah yeah yeahs... and i'm not going to pretend that i'm not counting down the seconds untill the march 28th release of their lastest album. i think i also may be a tad bit in love with their lead singer, karen o.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home