f

5 Things

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hot Fun In The Summertime

5 Things About Brick Lane in the Heatwave.

1. Our offices don’t have any air-conditioning. This is only not a problem when the resting temperature is about 18°. Our thermostat only goes up to 30 however, and it’s definitely hotter than that, so you see the issue. There’s a limit to how many clothes I can decently remove, but some of us in here are definitely pushing the boundaries of office-acceptibility. A friend said to me last night, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you with your tits out before. It’s a good look.“ Hmm… and I thought I was being so modest!

2. The Brick Lane beach is proving v popular, and there is now a bar and a smoothie stand, enticing people to relax on the sand in their lunch break and try and pretend they are in the Caribbean and not in a car park in east London. I’ve tried it a couple of times, but am fed up with having sand in between my toes all afternoon.


3. It encourages my friends to do silly things like try and recreate the now famous ‘Mentos and Diet Coke’ experiment in the park off Brick Lane.

4. It makes for a great excuse to eat loads of ice creams.

5. It makes the endless curry houses seem strangely unappealing. Despite what everyone says about how spicy food should be perfect for the summer, considering where it originates, I really have no desire to sit in a tiny restaurant with no aircon eating a Madras. There’s only so much sweating a girl can do and retain any modicum of elegance.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:14 pm, Blogger John said…

    I found your blog!

    Excellent - you'll have to write some six line reviews now...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home